Friday, March 20, 2009

Learning about PMC

I recently took a class in Precious Metal Clay. When I first heard about it, I really was so excited! This is a medium I know- CLAY!!!! I've got a major in Ceramic Sculpture and I've been making miniatures in Fimo for a long long time. So for me, PMC might just open up a whole new way of making jewelry , and my sketch book is getting crammed full of ideas. 
My Cancer Support Team- My best friends- (whom I consider my family)- have been very supportive of my decision to explore this new medium, and they have helped me get a torch, metal clay and other necessities.  I can't tell you how this sort of support really encourages me to create, live my life without fear and move forward. I think all Cancer Survivors need that sense of hope, of life moving forward. You can't get stuck worrying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment